CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Big 3-0

Well. It happened. Joel became an adult - Much to everyone's surprise (just kidding, dear.)
My dearest Joel turned the big 3-0 on Friday. Seeing as how Joel never does anything for himself and always refers to his birthday as "just another work day" I took it upon myself to make his 30th extra special. And since he would never let me make a big deal out of it, a surprise party it was!
Joel's folks showed up late Friday afternoon, and just coincidentally rolled in right as Joel was pulling up. He didn't know they were coming, so that was surprise #1. I told him we had dinner reservations at 7 that night, and little did he know that 4 of his friends would be joining us. Surprise #2. I also had a sitter lined up to watch the kids for as long as we needed her to, which meant we actually had one night to live it up. Surprise #3. It was a great time and we all really enjoyed a (much needed) night out.
I may note, however, that it took both of us all weekend to recuperate, so it will probably be another 30 years before we party like that again.
Enjoy the pics!



Just before we left. And the last picture of us sober.




Jerry and Judi, havin' a little din-din. And the last picture of them sober.




Joel and Julie



Blah, blah, blah... dinner's over...
AND THE BOOZIN' BEGINS!!!

Me and Ashley (another FedEx widow)




Me & My Bobby Magee




Crap. Who was supposed to be the DD?




Joel and Brady. He's a Mizzou fan, but we try to look past that.




Ahhh, Yea-ahhhhhhhhhh. Gangsta lovin'.




Me and the Jude.




Ahhh. THAT'S why I felt that way the next morning...

0 comments: