CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

High School Musical

Incase anyone's been living under a rock, let me be the first to inform you that High School Musical is about the biggest thing around right now - next to Hannah Montana, of course - and both shows and their paraphernalia are slowly taking over at the Blecha home.


Jocelyn is really big into both and since Hannah Montana tickets sold out in 90 seconds (literally - I couldn't even make that up), we opted for High School Musical on Ice tickets (because we had to).

My company owns a suite at the event center here in KC, so luckily I got tickets the this event at a discount and got to sit in the company suite, which is like a God send with a hyper-active 4 year old that absolutely does not possess the capabilities to sit still.

While I was excited to take Jocelyn to the show, I had also mentally prepared myself for it. I kept telling myself that it would be pretty horribly corny and over-the-top and the perfect example of overacting and lip-syncing. But when all was said and done, the show was... phenomenal. The costumes are elaborate and the sets are fun and quite honestly it's pretty amazing to me what those kids can do on ice skates. The best part for me was getting to spend some time alone with Joci, which we rarely get to do anymore. The fact that the show was great was a bonus for me.

0 comments: